Associate, Finance & Accounting
Title: Associate, Finance & Accounting
Status: Full Time
Location: Tampa, Florida
Compensation/ Benefits: Competitive salary. Health, dental, vision, unlimited paid time off at Manager’s discretion
Education: a 4-year formal/ college degree in accounting
Travel: Little to none
About Florida Funders:
Florida Funders (FF) is a hybrid between a venture capital fund and angel investor network that discovers, funds and builds early-stage technology companies in Florida. We exist to evolve Florida from the Sunshine State to the Startup State by ensuring there is as little friction as possible in the angel and venture ecosystems, that investors have access to meaningful deal flow and entrepreneurs have access to a wide range of investors through a seamless process. FF educates and ignites its community of investors and network of partners to drive investment in the most exciting startups. Our custom developed and one of a kind Investor Portal helps facilitate investments and portfolio management for our network of 1,800+ angel investors and co-investors by providing investment opportunities and demonstrating operational efficiency, fostering communication, and empowering strategic relationships. The FF team is composed of serial entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and experienced angel investors singularly focused on providing an efficient and modern approach to angel investing and syndication. To learn more, visit www.floridafunders.com
About this Role:
This role operates under direct supervision of the VP of Operations & Finance (“Manager”) and Director of Finance & Accounting, but works independently a large portion of a standard week. Candidate should be competent to act as the first point of reference for day-to-day inquiries and questions by internal team members and channel partners while serving as a liaison to related areas. The candidate should have both broad and in-depth knowledge in financial accounting, plus strong knowledge of related areas including venture investments and portfolio management while demonstrating excellent analytical, communicative and judgmental skills. Responsibilities will be focused on two major areas, and tasks will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Fund Accounting and Financials
- Maintaining all day to day transactions and payables within QuickBooks Online
- Account for investment activity for various legal entities
- Perform regular reconciliations and reviews of cash inflows and outflows
- Assist in preparation of reporting and other ad hoc deliverables
- Research and respond to investor inquiries related to capital account balances, funds transfers, etc.
- Monitor capital calls and distributions to ensure accurate reporting
- Business Operations
- Coordination and launch of Special Purpose Vehicles (“SPVs”)
- Coordination and preparation of Semi-Annual investor reporting
- Ensure timely filings at the State, Federal, and Regulatory levels
- Coordination and completion of both fund financial statement audits and tax return processes for all relevant entities
- Work with third party escrow agents to satisfy compliance requirements for applicable investments to ensure timely release of funds
- Communicate and coordinate with investors to ensure timely collection of funds for each investment
This position is technical. Knowledge of venture and/or investment fund products and services for specified areas is expected to be known/learned and is usually obtained through related work experience. Communication skills are required to ensure efficiencies within a small team and client satisfaction. Analytical skills are required to research and resolve problems. Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize complex assignments and demonstrate technical knowledge.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Located in Tampa, Florida or willing to relocate.
- 1-3 years Accounting and/or auditing experience.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks, Google Docs, Hubspot or comparable CRM preferred
- Basic understanding of the venture capital, private equity and/or angel investment industries.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite of Systems (Excel//Word) with intermediate to advanced skill levels (i.g. vlookup, hlookup, pivot tables, etc.) or willing to learn.
- A self-driven individual that does require to be actively managed and takes initiative on creation and completion of new and existing projects.
- Prior work experience or a passion for the venture capital, private equity and/or angel investment industries with an emphasis on investment activity into startups
To apply: please email HR@FloridaFunders.com and reference “Associate, Finance & Accounting- Tampa” in the subject line, a copy of your resume, and a cover letter explaining why you’re an ideal candidate for this role.