Miami, FL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Betr (www.betr.app) is disrupting legacy sports betting by launching Betr Gaming & legacy media by launching Betr Media. Betr Gaming, is our online sports betting business focused on simplifying and improving the user experience for the casual sports fan. Betr Gaming began with a microbetting-only product, allowing users to bet on individual plays in sports, such as the next pitch, play and basket rather than a game’s outcome. We’re quickly expanding our product offerings to include full sportsbook capabilities & Betr Picks, our pick-em style Daily Fantasy Sports game. Betr Media is focused on a mix of both our original creator-driven content & premier talent, driving strong brand affinity. Betr Media has proven its success as it continues to reach a mass audience as one of the fastest growing sports betting media brands in the United States on social!
Betr was founded in 2022 by Joey Levy, an industry leader in sports betting and founder of Simplebet, and Jake Paul, a top athlete influencer and media mogul. Betr is backed by Fuel Venture Capital, Aliya Capital Partners, Florida Funders, & more. Our mission is to make sports & betting Betr!
This role is based in Miami, Florida. You must be based in this area or be willing to relocate to be considered for this position.
About the role:
Betr is looking for a Social Programmer to join the Media team to own the creation and distribution of engaging social content to our loyal followers while encouraging community engagement. The Social Programmer will play a key role in distributing breaking news, content created by our internal & external media team, and any other content necessary by developing a consistent and engaging voice across all social channels including but not limited to Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, Youtube, Twitch, Discord, etc. This role will cover all major sports and is required to work during the busiest game days such as nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Responsible for capturing, editing, packaging and distributing various types of social content, including captions, to Betr social channels
- Own the daily programming of all Betr social channels by creating social content that aligns with the the Betr brand and engages our followers
- Be creative and identify emerging formats, packaging tactics, and social platforms that can help Betr grow our audience
- Strategize & work collaboratively with the rest of the social team to create a consistent voice across Betr social media accounts
- Work cross functionally with our Gaming & Growth team to infuse Betr Gaming into Betr Media
- Engage our loyal audience in our brand voice to build Betr’s community and make our followers feel heard
- Work during the biggest games to turn around topical content
- A lifelong, passionate sports fan with a deep understanding of how to engage fans
- 2+ years of professional sports media experience (internships count!)
- Deep understanding of social media and emerging trends
- High proficiency using Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and other social platforms
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Experience with editing, with an eye for detail (punctuation and grammar is important)
- Self-motivated with the ability to drive initiatives from end-to-end
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to be flexible, & prioritize responsibilities
Betr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply
Thank you for your interest in Betr. We look forward to reviewing your application.