Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
Accounting & Finance
Miami, FL, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Betr (www.betr.app) is disrupting legacy sports betting by launching Betr Gaming & legacy media by launching Betr Media. Betr Gaming, is our online sports betting business focused on simplifying and improving the user experience for the casual sports fan. Betr Gaming began with a microbetting-only product, allowing users to bet on individual plays in sports, such as the next pitch, play and basket rather than a game’s outcome. We’re quickly expanding our product offerings to include full sportsbook capabilities & Betr Picks, our pick-em style Daily Fantasy Sports game. Betr Media is focused on a mix of both our original creator-driven content & premier talent, driving strong brand affinity. Betr Media has proven its success as it continues to reach a mass audience as one of the fastest growing sports betting media brands in the United States on social!
Betr was founded in 2022 by Joey Levy, an industry leader in sports betting and founder of Simplebet, and Jake Paul, a top athlete influencer and media mogul. Betr is backed by Fuel Venture Capital, Aliya Capital Partners, Florida Funders, & more. Our mission is to make sports & betting Betr!
This role is based in Miami, Florida. You must be based in this area or be willing to relocate to be considered for this position.
The Betr team is looking to hire a Head of Financial Planning & Analysis to provide strategic partnership and support to various functions across the organization. The Head of FP&A will work directly with the Head of Finance and engage directly with other senior leadership to forecast and drive financial performance, support strategic decision making and provide business insights to achieve the Betr’s financial objectives. We’re looking for someone with excellent analytical abilities and experience building complex financial models. As Betr is growing quickly, our ideal candidate needs to be comfortable executing at a high level in a fast paced environment, with evolving processes and systems.
About The Position:
- Manage Betr’s financial model and forecasting process
- Play a crucial role in strategic planning initiatives. Leverage financial insights to drive strategy and capital allocation decisions for the business. Provide financial insights, analysis, and recommendations to support strategic decision-making, such as investment opportunities, market expansion, or new product launches. Collaborate with the executive team to align financial objectives with the company's overall strategic goals.
- Serve as a financial partner by developing and maintaining financial models to support various business needs and providing insights & guidance to functional leaders to aid in decision making processes.
- Manage the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc financial forecasts & reporting packages for executive leadership and investors including financial statements, variance analyses and KPI dashboard.
- Improve financial planning processes, reporting methodologies, and analysis techniques. Implement best practices and use the latest technologies to improve processes.
- Partner with the Accounting team to ensure accurate and insightful reporting.
- Conduct financial ratio analysis, benchmarking, and trend analysis to evaluate the company's financial performance and identify areas for improvement or potential risks.
- Assess cash management practices, including cash forecasting, cash flow monitoring, segregated player balances vs. operating accounts, and treasury controls. Identify any potential cash flow issues or inefficiencies.
- Collaborate with various departments to gather data, understand business drivers, and support decision-making.
- An understanding and genuine interest in the the sports and gaming industries
- 4+ years of investment banking, private equity, hedge fund, FP&A, corporate finance or strategic finance experience. Gaming industry experience is a plus!
- Strong analytical skills and experience building and maintaining financial models.
- Team player with an entrepreneurial mindset, strong work ethic, positive attitude, and drive to succeed.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to exercise mature judgment and present and execute solutions.
- Extremely high attention to detail; completes work accurately and has good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines including ability to manage multiple tasks to completion at the same time.
- Experience leading the budgeting process and partnering with key business leaders
- Team player that can also work independently.
- Executive presence including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to be in a high growth situation that can be less structured at times.
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to be flexible, & prioritize responsibilities.
- Competitive compensation and equity ownership
- Medical, Dental, Vision (80% coverage from Betr)
- 401K to participate in
- Generous, Unlimited Time Off Policies
- Full equipment setup
- Opportunity to work alongside the best in the industry at our collaborative warehouse in Miami
Betr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply
Thank you for your interest in Betr. We look forward to reviewing your application.