Head of Government Affairs
Miami, FL, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
Betr (www.betr.app) is disrupting legacy sports betting by launching Betr Gaming & legacy media by launching Betr Media. Betr Gaming, is our online sports betting business focused on simplifying and improving the user experience for the casual sports fan. Betr Gaming began with a microbetting-only product, allowing users to bet on individual plays in sports, such as the next pitch, play and basket rather than a game’s outcome. We’re quickly expanding our product offerings to include full sportsbook capabilities & Betr Picks, our pick-em style Daily Fantasy Sports game. Betr Media is focused on a mix of both our original creator-driven content & premier talent, driving strong brand affinity. Betr Media has proven its success as it continues to reach a mass audience as one of the fastest growing sports betting media brands in the United States on social!
Betr was founded in 2022 by Joey Levy, an industry leader in sports betting and founder of Simplebet, and Jake Paul, a top athlete influencer and media mogul. Betr is backed by Fuel Venture Capital, Aliya Capital Partners, Florida Funders, & more. Our mission is to make sports & betting Betr!
This role is based in Miami, Florida. You must be based in this area or be willing to relocate to be considered for this position.
The Betr team is looking for a Head of Government Affairs to play a critical role in shaping the regulatory landscape for online sports betting, fantasy sports, & iGaming in the United States. The Head of Government Affairs will engage and work closely with regulators, government agencies, and other key stakeholders to influence policies that positively impact our company and the industry at large. You will be the face of Betr in government relations, promoting our interests and advocating for fair and transparent regulatory framework.
About the Role:
- Lead Betr’s government relations strategy and influence policy decisions, legislation, and regulations at various government levels.
- Collaborate with internal teams to provide regulatory guidance, ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Monitor and analyze legislative and regulatory developments at the federal, state, and local levels, providing timely updates and recommendations to leadership.
- Lead advocacy efforts to shape public opinion and influence regulatory decision-making processes through education, effective communication, and coalition building.
- Represent Betr at industry conferences, public hearings, and other relevant events, articulating our position and promoting our brand.
- Prepare and submit letters, presentations, and other materials to communicate the company’s position on legislative and regulatory matters to federal, state and local authorities.
- Stay informed about the latest industry trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory frameworks related to online sports betting and fantasy sports, keeping the company informed and prepared for potential changes.
- Work collaboratively with industry counterparts on identifying and advocating for issues of mutual interest.
- Advocate for the expansion of sports betting and other issues critical to Betr’s success.
- 7+ years of experience in government affairs, public policy, or related roles, preferably in the gaming industry, with a strong emphasis on engaging with regulators and legislators
- Extensive knowledge of the online gaming industry and its regulatory landscape in the United States
- Proven track record of successfully influencing regulations, preferably within the online gaming or related sectors
- Strong network of contacts within regulatory bodies, government agencies, and industry associations related to online gaming
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex issues clearly and concisely to both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong project management, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to evaluate regulatory proposals and their potential impact on the company
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, managing multiple projects and priorities effectively
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including regulators, legislators, and industry representatives
- A passion for the online gaming industry and a commitment to promoting responsible gaming practices
Betr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply
Thank you for your interest in Betr. We look forward to reviewing your application.