Accounting & Finance
Miami, FL, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Betr (www.betr.app) is disrupting legacy sports betting by launching Betr Gaming & legacy media by launching Betr Media. Betr Gaming, is our online sports betting business focused on simplifying and improving the user experience for the casual sports fan. Betr Gaming began with a microbetting-only product, allowing users to bet on individual plays in sports, such as the next pitch, play and basket rather than a game’s outcome. We’re quickly expanding our product offerings to include full sportsbook capabilities & Betr Picks, our pick-em style Daily Fantasy Sports game. Betr Media is focused on a mix of both our original creator-driven content & premier talent, driving strong brand affinity. Betr Media has proven its success as it continues to reach a mass audience as one of the fastest growing sports betting media brands in the United States on social!
Betr was founded in 2022 by Joey Levy, an industry leader in sports betting and founder of Simplebet, and Jake Paul, a top athlete influencer and media mogul. Betr is backed by Fuel Venture Capital, Aliya Capital Partners, Florida Funders, & more. Our mission is to make sports & betting Betr!
This role is based in Miami, Florida. You must be based in this area or be willing to relocate to be considered for this position.
The Betr team is looking to hire a Controller to join the Finance and Accounting team, reporting directly to our Head of Finance. The Controller will manage all operational day to day aspects of the accounting function including revenue recognition, accounts receivable, accounts payable, monthly closings, year-end closings, audits & taxes, and the creation of financial statements. The Controller will play a part in streamlining the month-end close process by reviewing inefficiencies and adding any necessary processes. As Betr is growing quickly, our ideal candidate needs to be comfortable executing at a high level in a fast paced environment, with evolving processes and systems. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-growth organization where you will have an opportunity to develop and lead accounting policies & procedures.
About The Role:
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including but not limited to: accounts payable, revenue recognition, general ledger and taxes.
- Manage the close process, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of month-end and quarter-end close activities, including journal entries and reconciliations.
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports ensuring they comply with GAAP.
- Lead and manage accounting team, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and providing coaching and career development opportunities.
- Implement and monitor internal controls, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain and manage the company’s accounting system, NetSuite, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and reliability of financials, financial analysis, and key performance metrics to be made available internally and to investors.
- Work with independent auditors during audits, as well as assisting tax accountants in obtaining all information necessary for filing tax returns.
- Manage the company’s cash flow, ensuring sufficient funds are available to meet operational needs.
- Implement and maintain accounting policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant regulations
- Support the Head of Finance in communications with Investors and other key internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred
- 7+ years’ accounting experience, including financial statement preparation or experience as a controller in a high-growth startup or tech company
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and accounting operations
- Strong analytical skills and financial data analysis
- Team player with an entrepreneurial mindset, strong work ethic, positive attitude, and drive to succeed.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with or knowledge of NetSuite strongly preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to exercise mature judgment and present and execute solutions.
- Extremely high attention to detail; completes work accurately and has good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines including ability to manage multiple tasks to completion at the same time.
- Team player that can also work independently.
- Executive presence including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to be in a high growth situation that can be less structured at times.
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to be flexible, & prioritize responsibilities.
Benefits @ Betr:
- Competitive compensation and equity ownership
- Medical, Dental, Vision (80% coverage from Betr)
- 401K to participate in
- Generous, Unlimited Time Off Policies
- Full equipment setup
- Opportunity to work alongside the best in the industry at our collaborative warehouse in Miami
Betr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply
Thank you for your interest in Betr. We look forward to reviewing your application.