Miami, FL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Founded in 2022 by Joey Levy and Jake Paul, Betr is a leading sports gaming and sports media company focused on enhancing the consumption of sports through entertainment.
Betr's gaming products are differentiated through a unique product experience with a simplified user interface that is catered to the casual sports fan, enabling Betr to capture more of the under-penetrated online gaming addressable market. Betr began with a beta version of its Online Sports Betting (OSB) product, which only offered microbetting markets such as the next play in a football game or the next pitch in a baseball game, before launching its real-money Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) product, Betr Picks, in 24 states. Betr plans on launching its V1 Sportsbook product with full sportsbook capabilities ahead of the 2024 NFL season, as well as its iGaming vertical with the launch of Betr Casino by the end of 2024.
Betr's media division, Betr Media, is the fastest growing sports betting media brand in the United States that has grown to over 2.5 million followers, 2.4 billion impressions, and 127 million engagements across its social channels since publicly launching in August 2022. Betr Media is able to effectively reach and engage its audience at scale given its large social following coupled with its unique combination of in-house media talent and production, with an emphasis on original short-form video content.
Betr is backed by Fuel Venture Capital, Aliya Capital Partners, Roger Ehrenberg/IA Sports Ventures, Florida Funders, 8vc, Anti Fund, 305 Ventures, and many others.
The Betr team is looking for a Sports Trader with enthusiasm and passion for the sports gaming industry. Reporting into our Head of Sports Trading, you will have a direct impact on both revenue profitability and expanding our market offerings. You will be the person behind the odds that our users bet on, using a variety of data to formulate what Betr believes are the most accurate odds, and then managing those odds throughout their lifecycle. This role will require scheduling flexibility and working on holidays and weekends when necessary. You will join a new, exciting, & fast growing team looking to build innovative products!
About The Role:
- Manage risk and liability of all DFS player props games in accordance with Betr risk and trading SOP’s
- Monitor league news and injuries to make real time market adjustments
- Adjust Betr markets in coordination with the market consensus
- Assist in analyzing daily reports to ensure proper player profiling as well as other key metrics
- Collaborate with operations to enhance the best customer experience
- 2 + years of experience trading in a DFS or Sports Betting platform
- Strong analytical skills and ability to calculate odds
- Highly motivated self-starter with a proactive approach to problem-solving and a passion for staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practices
- Problem solving and strong critical thinking
- You thrive in a fast paced environment and are not intimidated by ambiguity or change
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with team members and stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Self-motivated the the ability to drive initiatives from end-to-end, holding yourself to a high standard of excellence
- An entrepreneurial mindset with excellent organizational skills, the ability to be flexible, & prioritize responsibilities
- Passionate and enthusiastic about a wide range of sports
- Experience in high pressure and high volume situations
Betr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply
Thank you for your interest in Betr. We look forward to reviewing your application.