Our program uses student assessments to generate personalized lesson plans for every day in the course schedule. Every lesson plan comes with editable teaching materials for the teacher, adaptive practice for students, and progress reports for administrators.
ChalkTalk is delivering improvement in student learning outcomes up to 6x, as measured by third-party test scores. It is currently used to power literacy and numeracy instruction district-wide at some of the largest US districts including 10 of the largest 100.
ChalkTalk currently has 35 employees. Check out this quick overview of our product and what we do from 2020: https://vimeo.com/704658684. For a more updated list of our offerings, check out our website: https://chalktalk.com/curriculum/#illustrative-math-eureka-math-engage-ny
- Sell digital curriculum and instruction deals.
- Lead Generation: Generate leads aggressively (including cold calls and cold emails) and follow up with 100% of prospects promptly until they are disqualified
- Lead Conversion: Achieve and surpass sales targets by closing deals with K-12 public school District leaders, resulting in increased revenue for the company. Meet or exceed monthly and quarterly sales revenue targets, demonstrating consistent performance in driving sales.
- Successful and Strategic Territory Penetration: Identify the most painful needs that districts in a new territory have (both at the territory level and at the individual district level), and match the right product offering to the right district. Enter and establish a presence in new territories, as evidenced by a growing customer base in these regions.
- Deliver Customer Value: Be the trusted advisor to prospects, understanding their needs, and demonstrating how ChalkTalk's platform can add significant value to their educational objectives
- Full Cycle Sales: Research, prospect, demo and own the entire sales lifecycle until handoff to implementation and then again with upselling and cross-selling when possible.
- Education Sales Experience: At least 2+ years of experience in successfully selling educational products or services to K-12 school districts, with a focus on deals for Curriculum & Instruction (C&I).
- Experience working at a high growth startup (75 employees or less)
- Mental Fortitude: At ChalkTalk we run an outbound shop. Therefore, you must have the resiliency to push through rejection and roadblocks to meet your goals. Must have cold calling experience within the last 2 years
- Industry Knowledge: A deep understanding of the K-12 education landscape, including curriculum needs and challenges faced by school districts.
- Self-Motivated: Demonstrate a proactive and self-driven approach to achieving sales targets and exploring new opportunities.
Why work at ChalkTalk?
- Mission: You want to help provide the best education possible to everyone on the planet.
- Impact: In just 15 weeks, districts that bought ChalkTalk saw their students experience 2–6X MORE GROWTH ON OFFICIAL STATE TESTS compared to their peers who received 52 weeks of traditional classroom instruction. Big impact with vulnerable student populations.
- Growth: Company has consistently grown, increasing revenue by double or more each year since 2019 and has 10 the largest 100 school districts in the US as customers.
- Awards: Top 10 finalist at 700+ ASU GSV Cup 2020. Winner of FETC’s Best in EdTech 2021 alongside Microsoft & Lego. Winner of EdTech Week’s EdTech Cup in NYC 2022. HolonIQ’s North America EdTech 200 list for 2023.
- Accelerators: AWS EdStart, OnRamp Education Accelerator, and Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator (ERA) NYC
- Competitive Compensation: Competitive salary, commission and equity offers
- Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance. Unlimited PTO. 3-6 free counseling appointments through our EAP