Underwriting Support Specialist
LULA is a growth-stage startup company building technology that changes how insurance is priced, sold and managed. We've started in the commercial auto industry and have seen explosive growth and are looking to add an Underwriting Support Specialist to our insurance team.
As an Underwriting Support Specialist, you will support multi-program underwriting operations by processing activities that facilitate both the growth and risk management of customer accounts, and ultimately help the company expand its product offering. Success in the role centers around the timeliness of work completed and accuracy.
This is a hybrid role and candidates must sit in Miami, San Francisco, Salt Lake City, or Philadelphia.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be an integral part of the Underwriting team by providing administrative support for Underwriting staff
- Responsible for data entry, and managing documentation to complete and process requests from both internal and external sources
- Follow directives when provided by an Underwriter regarding submissions and correspondence; ability to investigate and determine what action needs to be taken based upon standardized guidelines
- Monitor product line submissions in all systems; process submissions according to standard guidelines; escalate and route to Underwriter when required
- Maintain a clear understanding and comprehension of all clearance (approval and denial) processes
- Analyze workload to maximize a focus on customer needs within established quality and time service standards
- Work collaboratively with sales, customer and product teams to deliver an excellent customer experience
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 2-3 years of experience in data entry, administrative support
- Minimum 2 years of knowledge or experience in the P&C insurance industry (commercial auto preferred)
- Ability to follow procedural guidelines
- Comfortable with high volume workloads and fast-paced service standards
- Ability to collaborate across teams and influence growth
- Detail-oriented, results-oriented, and accuracy-focused
- Employee medical, dental and vision insurance covered 100%
- Competitive 401k match
- Unlimited PTO (no, really)
- Annual team retreats
- A young energetic culture (foosball table not included)
Something looks off?