Urology Territory Manager
The Territory Manager is an entrepreneurial, missionary “hunter” sales opportunity to build a business with an exciting new technology. This position is accountable for creating a territory plan, managing leads and opportunities and developing a strong reference network of UC-Care Centers and Centers of Excellence. The target accounts will initially be local key Urology and Pathology opinion leaders and innovators, high-volume urology clinics, teaching hospitals and other hospital-owned urology clinics. The Territory Manager will be responsible for setting appointments, presenting the product, understanding the account strategically including economic, technical and user decision-makers to close sales and secure service agreements.
· Meet or exceed sales goals established in the company business plan
· Prospect for new customers through targeted sales calls.
· Work closely with the Clinical and Technical Support Manager to build brand awareness, educate physicians, and generate a strong sales pipeline to ensure monthly sales targets are met or exceeded.
· Provide marketing, PR and reimbursement educational support to new customers to add value.
· Attend local and national tradeshows as needed and follow up on inquiries and leads promptly.
· Work with U.S. CEO and Clinical and Technology Support Manager to establish and manage local Key Opinion Leaders in a manner to drive sales through peer-to-peer selling
· Maintain CRM customer call records daily and report weekly regarding progress in the sales pipeline.
· Continually provide customer market feedback about messaging and product features.
· Work within assigned budget guidelines and ensure timely submission of expense reports.
· Gain strong clinical knowledge in the area of soft tissue biopsy and Prostate cancer.
· Other tasks as assigned.
· Must have experience in outside sales with a proven successful record.
· Must show ability to build product awareness and educate a new market in an entrepreneurial environment.
· Ideal candidates will also have successful experience in one or more of the following:
o Sales of medical equipment to physicians and hospitals that require education to create clinical value, strong relationship building and gaining contractual commitments.
o Sales of disposable medical equipment into pathology labs.
o Sales of imaging equipment like ultrasounds into Urology offices
· Must have a car and be willing to travel including weekends for tradeshows or to meet with customers.
· Ability to work closely and collaboratively with other employees to develop and win sales (e.g. Clinical and Technical Support Manager, Application Engineer, CEO and CCO).
· Experience working in a start-up environment or launching a game-changing medical product would be highly valued.
· BS or BA Degree preferred.