Implementation Project Manager Lead
Finexio is the leader in AP Payments as a Service, the leading embedded payments approach for business-to-business payments. Finexio simplifies the way businesses process and receive B2B payments by integrating electronic payments and cash flow improvement solutions directly into customers’ accounts payable and procurement software.
Our vision is a world in which finance leaders only have to decide “what” to pay- Finexio’s software seamlessly handles the “how” and the “when”.
We are growing revenue over 100% per year and are a leading disruptor in the B2B Payments and Fintech industry. The company has raised over $65m in investment and is backed by investors JP Morgan, Discover, NBH Bank, Mendon Venture Partners, and Valley Bank. These investors believe in the mission and technology so much so they are also customers and partners.
Finexio is simplifying the way businesses make and receive business payments by integrating electronic payments and cash flow improvement solutions directly into customers' business process software. Our vision is a world in which finance leaders only have to decide “what” to pay- Finexio’s software seamlessly handles the “how” and the “when”. We are growing 200% per year and a true disruptor in the B2B Payments and Fintech industry.
We are looking for a Customer Implementation Senior Project Manager & Leader to tackle an exciting opportunity to re-envision and scale our Customer Onboarding organization through our next phase of growth. This is a hybrid role, responsible for building the Customer Onboarding Program and directly setting the tone for your team through the hands-on delivery of an amazing customer experience with Finexio. You will be a key leader within the Finexio Operations team and be responsible for scaling and executing the customer onboarding strategy. This is a critical role that will provide our customers with a smooth and positive launch experience and increase the speed and depth of customer adoption to drive acceleration of Finexio payment volume goals. You will work cross functionally with Sales, Account Management, Payment Operations, Customer Support, Finance, and Product teams at Finexio. This is a high visibility role with an exciting opportunity to build out this critical function and quickly make a difference to Finexio hyper growth goals.
Skill and Experience Requirements
- 4+ years of experience leading, building, driving performance of SaaS software implementation teams in the enterprise space
- 7+ experience onboarding SaaS customers through APIs integrations or custom ETL integrations
- You have experience building process and teams for scale -- developing content and leveraging technology that enables customers to be self-sufficient in the implementation process
- You’ve built clear and measurable KPI guidelines for your services team members and delivered consistently against those KPIs
- You have managed complex multi-party, multi department software installation or transformation projects, often delivering on time and under budget
- Expertise in SaaS Implementation and Onboarding practices
- Experience developing, installing, training, and/or supporting B2B solutions.
- Experience working in a business environment with growth rates above 50% per year or more
- Demonstrated ability for executive and associate level communication and presentation skills
- Track record of successfully managing department, strategy and action planning, and fielding escalations
- Positive, can-do attitude combined with an ability to manage customer expectations and be assertive and persuasive
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, rapidly adapt and respond to customer requests and timeline changes.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; you’re a builder and passionate about developing processes and processes improvement.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Understand modern software architecture fundamentals
- Can read and understand technical flow and data diagrams
- Understands fundamentals of SSO and API integrations
- Be able to understand Client technology requirements and convey those to Finexio product and technology teams
- Ideal candidate should have experience supporting software engineering, architecture, or product development
- Must have Salesforce experience
- Experience with project management planning & reporting tools
- Undergraduate degree required
- This role is a remote position and will be required to work Eastern time zone hours.
- Willingness to occasionally work beyond regular office hours when needed; limited travel is required
- Must truly desire to work in a fast paced, startup environment
- Naturally collaborative- prefers to work with teams vs. alone
- Loves coming to work every day and working on new challenges
- Embraces transparency and open discussion of problems, often proposing possible solutions to challenges or barriers to growth
- Strong desire to delight customers in all that we do
- Open to learning and gaining exposure to new ideas, concepts, unfamiliar business models, and ways of thinking and working
- Interest in dramatically changing the way business payments is made in the US
What you will be responsible for:
- You have experience building for scale -- developing content and leveraging technology that enables customers to be self-sufficient in the implementation process that can go from dozens of customers a month to hundreds.
- You will clearly define Finexio's implementation methodology and design Statements of Work (SOWs) that meet the needs of our various customer segments and our customer segmentation strategy
- Identify and implement best-in class systems and processes to support Clients in Onboarding, ongoing service delivery and for the benefit of client delivery operational improvements.
- Reduce the cycle time to onboarding direct and channel customers, benchmarking team performance on a weekly basis
- Understand Finexio’s business goals and how each onboarding project supports those goals
- Establish team and individual KPIs and quality performance metrics to measure success and increase team accountability, aligning with department and company goals.
- Build out an enhanced reporting mechanism to share team results broadly with company leadership.
- Develops strong rapport and trust with all customer contacts, decision makers, and project leads at the customer level to create a positive experience and introduction to working with Finexio.
- You will build a training program (in coordination with Product, Operations and Enablement) to ensure your team is at the forefront of Finexio product knowledge and technical requirements
- Works strategically with Account Management leadership on customer relationships, monitoring customers financials and revenue projections
- You will partner closely with sales and solution consulting teams to ensure customers pre-sale expectations are exceeded in the post-sale experience
- Understands each customer's contract and Finexio services sold as well as ensuring unique product offerings are being delivered as expected as part of the onboarding
- Drive communication to the onboarding team on any new final products, operational changes or procedures that will affect a customer
- Create a knowledge database which contains all documentation for internal and external communications
- Maintains an understanding of customers’ immediate, short, and long-term business needs to help identify and prioritize customer-driven enhancements
- Identify opportunities for creating more efficient and scalable solutions to the onboarding process and design and implement digital automation
- Lead the team to implement new standards and project plans and ensure your team is at the forefront of Finexio product knowledge and technical requirements
- Partner with product and engineering to continuously improve products and be a voice in the product roadmap
- Manages the implementation process of onboarding customers to Finexio
- Acts as the point person by communicating and coordinating all onboarding activities with customer and providing direction to the internal implementation team
- Develops the project plan for each implementation
- Determines key performance indicators while maintaining schedule and scope
- Responsible for executing project plans on time and consulting with stakeholders and providing direction to the implementation team when timelines change
- Collaborates with internal teams to schedule deliverables and ensure project success
- Identifies project gaps and makes recommendations to improve the onboarding process
- Determines and manages program risks effectively
- Answers customer questions and guides them to a successful implementation of Finexio
- Communicates strategic milestones to customers and internal stakeholders
Why You’ll Love Working at Finexio:
- Culture: We are a humble, client-first team that is focused on collaborative data-driven success.
- Speed: We move fast, love new ideas and give you the opportunity to push your limits.
- Growth: We are expanding rapidly into new markets, launching new services and creating a world-class company
What We Offer:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- An environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make a real, measurable impact
- Employee Engagement – Quarterly virtual team building activities and monthly team lunches
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited Vacation Policy
Compensation: $120,000 - $165,000 + equity
Something looks off?